I tried to host this on Weebly, but Weebly was charging me $ for everything I wanted to do-- embedding the power point, adding icons, etc... Also, Weebly's layouts were not very cute. I asked my friend to host this for me, as he's "in the biz" and is already paying to have a site. If I do end up giving this site to my department to use, perhaps the IU will pay to host it, or add it as a link to their site? Anyway, let me know what you think so far...
CCIU Preschool Special Education
goals- Student will point to at least 4 pictures
of beginning quantitative (opposite) concepts when given opposite analogies
(example: Find the one that is big. Find the one that is small. Which glass is
empty? Which one is full? ) during structured activities in 4 out of 5 trials over 3 consecutive sessions.
subject- General Knowledge and Comprehension/Preacademic readiness/Specialized Instruction
grade- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 3-5)
assessment-
The teacher will collect data on pointing to at least 4 pictures
of beginning quantitative (opposite) concepts when given opposite analogies
(example: Find the one that is big. Find the one that is small. Which glass is
empty? Which one is full? ) during structured activities in 4 out of 5 trials over 3 consecutive sessions via ongoing
parent/teacher/therapist written/verbal communication, yes/no checklists,
anecdotal notes, observation, and formal data
collection including charts, graphs, etc. Teachers and therapists will collect
data twice per month and progress will be reported to the family two times per
year.
tool(s) you're using- Adobe Dreamweaver Website
Jessica,
ReplyDeleteYou have provided your students with several websites that will enhance their knowledge of concepts. Your PowerPoint is also effective in that it will reinforce if they know their opposites. In order to better "harness the power of the Internet", upload your PPT file to a site such as: www.slideshare.net or www.authorstream.com or even Google Presentation so that they can see the PPT on the site and don't have to download it.
I actually attempted to upload the presentation to a few public sites, but was unsuccessful. On Slide share and Author stream the presentation was just "converting" for hours. It never actually uploaded. And then on Google Presentations it uploaded, but was wonky. Icons were upside down, text was misplaced, and the sound didn't work. And the sound obviously critical. I even asked and surfed around looking for some other ideas, but found none. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm open.
ReplyDeleteI think your website looks great right now. It seems very kid friendly and I thought it was extremely easy to explore through. The links had great pictures that are needed especially for your grade level.
ReplyDeleteTry Voicethread - use the link I posted in week 7 -you'll have to log in with your username and password from PSU.
ReplyDeleteI thought about that the other day too and tried that, but that really didn't work either. It's an interactive power point. The students need to be able to listen to the voice. Answer the question by clicking, and then see if they are correct. Voicetread took the interactivity out of the Powerpoint and didn't upload the voice.
ReplyDeleteJess, it looks like you have a very kid friendly site. Have you ever used Adobe Presenter? It converts the power point into a PDF or a SWF which might be better for embedding your PPT into your website. I'm using the free trial right now. However, if your website limits the size of the upload, the SWF won't work, which is why I had to use the PDF version that pops up in a new window.
ReplyDelete